My Self-Care Tips
This month of August has zipped by so quickly, partly because of the fact that I spent most of it with a cold that turned into tonsilitis and then a cold again! After being sick for so long, it made me appreciate the outdoors even more. Although I was sick, getting fresh air was something that I craved and one of the first things that came to mind was a bicycle ride at the Newport Beach boardwalk. It left me feeling refreshed and rejuvenated riding down the bike path. Being near the ocean and seeing the natural flora around me also left me feeling inspired, as always.
Another thing that opened up my eyes during this sick period is self-care. This is a subject that I feel strongly about, yet I've failed to practice this for myself. Below are some self-care tips that I've started incorporating into my weekly routine.
MY SELF-CARE TIPS
- Make some time for yourself in the morning at least 1-2 times a week to ( even better if it's daily ) meditate or reflect on your day, week, life in general. I have a gratitude journal which I like to start my mornings with.
- Unplug from social media for a few hours each day and read a book or your favorite magazines.
- Exercise! Get outside, go to the gym, take a walk; anything that gets your heart pumping. I've recently started practicing yoga at least 2-3 times a week and I can feel the difference in my overall mind and body.
- Catch up with an old friend. Reuniting with old friends can be refreshing and bring a different perspective in your current situation. Sometimes old friends can give you that creative energy that you never thought you needed.
- Take a relaxing bath before bed. I like to add in my favorite herbal oil blends to the bath or my favorite bath salts.
- I usually end my evenings with a cup of herbal tea. I'm currently drinking Naturopathica's Stress Tea, it is the perfect tea to unwind before bed. I'm looking to add more to my collection, would love some recommendations if you have any!
These are my current self-care tips which I've been working on in my weekly routine. I would love to hear some of your self-care tips!